Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

Cravings, Sickness, etc...


When all my friends had their babies, I didn't understand the whole cravings, sickness, smells thing. Man, do I ever now!!! I have never been so turned off of smells, textures & most foods ever in my life. The worst ones?? Raw Meat, any strong spices (garlic, onion, chicken broth...weird I know), dish cloths and much more. Most smells make me dry heave, including smells I like, which I don't understand. Although I've only puked twice from morning sickness (excluding the 24 hr. flu I had), I dry heave about 6-10 times a day.

As for cravings, I want apple juice & ginger ale all the time. I've been eating alot of Safeway's Roast Chicken (this works well for me, cause I don't have to prepare raw chicken), fruit (mostly apples & strawberries), peanut butter on waffles, fruit snacks, cereal, almonds & cheese strings. I don't have hardly any appetite, but I feel like I'm eating constantly to keep the nausea in check. The one thing that I crave so much, but I'm bummed that I can't have all the time is Vitamin C vitamins...its the weirdest thing. I hated taking them before I was pregnant, but now I want them all the time....I take 2 a day...but I wait until I want them so bad! haha...so weird.

I sleep ALOT! I nap once or twice a day and by 10pm, I'm so exhausted! People tell me that if I feel I need to rest, then I need to listen to my body, so thats what I'm doing.

Emotions are high too. I cry at everything, get overwhelmed easy & need lots of hugs from Mark. Poor guy! He has been absolutely amazing. He's very protective which I think is the cutest thing ever. I am so grateful to have him in my life.

We are in the midst of some big changes in our life, which are pretty overwhelming. Please pray for us, that we will make the right choices & do the very best things for our 'growing' family!
Thanks to all you who are thinking about & praying for us.
We are very, very grateful.

5 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how much of a change all of this is... among other things in life! Enjoy the process my dear friend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying! I know it seems unfair but it's so great that you're sick! I always tell myself when I'm pregnant "it's a good thing, baby is healthy, be glad" I just have feeling like I need to puke and not puking. I would rather puke than feel nausious any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may remember this, You know how I love alfredo past of any kind, but with every pregnancy I couldn't stand it, it had to be marinara sauce all the time! And I think you were in the vehicle once when I was pregnant, we were driving over the bridge and i could smell fish so strongly i almost puked right in the car, haha! Raw hamburger was the worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Want to hear something weird that made me vomit when I was pregnant? The colour mustard yellow...seriously, I had a mustard yellow mug and if I looked at it I would get sick to my stomach...hehe...
    I'll pray for you and your beautiful family....:)

    ReplyDelete